[BRLTTY] mantis q40

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Feb 14 11:51:54 EST 2021

[quoted lines by Florian Beijers on 2021/02/10 at 17:14 +0100]

>I have done some more experimenting, and quite simply, the unit just
>won't sit up and take notice where brltty is concerned. Connection
>goes off without a hitch, the HID keyboard part works, but error 111:
>connection refused from RFCOMM is all the logs show.

I believe you mentioned that this braille device can connect to multiple hosts.
This implies that it may use multiple channels, and that might be the problem.
In other words, brltty mightn't be able to figure out which channel to use.
Please post the output of sdp browse on the deivce's Bluetooth address.

>I've tried connecting through the GUI as well as bluetoothctl,

What, exactly, do you mean by "connecting", here? It's possible that this could
indeed cause brltty to "think" that the device is in use by something else.

>manually trusting the device first,

Trusting only matters insofar as when connection to the host is being requested
by the device. That isn't the case with brltty, i.e. it's always the case that
brltty on the host requests a connection to the device.

>So I guess this is when I have to conclude there's a bug :)

Maybe a bug. Maybe a deficiency.

>I just looked at the github repo but I don't see the issues tab being there.

That's because it isn't.

>What is the procedure for submitting a bug report?

Telling us, here.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |