[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Feb 21 15:52:49 EST 2021

[quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/02/21 at 15:45 -0500]

>But if I try that it says  Failed to stop brltty.service: Unit
>brltty.service not loaded.

I don't know what you might've done. If you didn't start brltty with systemd
then, sure, you won't be able to stop it with systemd, either.

>Before I had a unit I wrote -- now I don't see anything in /lib/systemd/system
>except '/lib/systemd/system/brltty at .path'
>'/lib/systemd/system/brltty at .service'

:0( I remember carefully listing each file and where it goes a few weeks ago.
According to the above, you're at least missing brltty.path and
brltty-device at .service.

Brltty's tools install the right files into the right places. The fault is with
gentoo isisting on doing everything its own way.

>And I don't have selinux installed, so I have no idea what it would be
>looking for.

Nor do I. I don't believe I've ever heard of a command not being executed due
to incorrect user credentials.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |