[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Sun Feb 21 16:34:19 EST 2021

It seems I do have those files:  Here is the list of what I have

'/lib/systemd/system/brltty-device at .service'
/lib/systemd/system/brltty.path
'/lib/systemd/system/brltty at .path'
'/lib/systemd/system/brltty at .service'

I can't imagine which one of those I could use to start brltty.  Also,
it looks like it wants a user called brltty which I don't have and
don't want as far as I can tell.

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 15:52:49 -0500,
Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/02/21 at 15:45 -0500]
>
> >But if I try that it says  Failed to stop brltty.service: Unit
> >brltty.service not loaded.
>
> I don't know what you might've done. If you didn't start brltty with systemd
> then, sure, you won't be able to stop it with systemd, either.
>
> >Before I had a unit I wrote -- now I don't see anything in /lib/systemd/system
> >except '/lib/systemd/system/brltty at .path'
> >'/lib/systemd/system/brltty at .service'
>
> :0( I remember carefully listing each file and where it goes a few weeks ago.
> According to the above, you're at least missing brltty.path and
> brltty-device at .service.
>
> Brltty's tools install the right files into the right places. The fault is with
> gentoo isisting on doing everything its own way.
>
> >And I don't have selinux installed, so I have no idea what it would be
> >looking for.
>
> Nor do I. I don't believe I've ever heard of a command not being executed due
> to incorrect user credentials.
>
> --
> I believe the Bible to be the very Word of God: http://Mielke.cc/bible/
> Dave Mielke            | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
> EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc  | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
> Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici at ccs.covici.com