[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Mon Feb 22 13:49:32 EST 2021

The problem seems to be that /libexec/brltty/systemd-wrapper cannot be
executed, the users credential message says no such process for the
reason why it can't find the credentials.  I want to have brltty start
as the invoking user which in my case is root.

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:11:59 -0500,
Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/02/22 at 10:57 -0500]
>
> >But brltty.path invokes brltty@ something which never works,
>
> But that doesn't prove that starting brltty.path is the wrong way to do it. All
> it proves is that something, somewhere, is wrong.
>
> >not sure what is wrong with it, see my previous logs.
>
> Of course I've already looked at them. They show that you still have that user
> credentials problem. This is propbably due to systemd wanting to run brltty as
> brltty whereas you haven't allowed that user to be defined. Depending on how
> systemd is configured on your system, it could be that systemd is, therefore,
> defining brltty as a temporary user which isn't known to the host system. If
> so, a user credentials problem wuldn't be too surprising.
>
> --
> I believe the Bible to be the very Word of God: http://Mielke.cc/bible/
> Dave Mielke            | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
> EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc  | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
> Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici at ccs.covici.com