[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Mon Feb 22 14:04:59 EST 2021

[quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/02/22 at 13:49 -0500]

>The problem seems to be that /libexec/brltty/systemd-wrapper cannot be
>executed, the users credential message says no such process for the
>reason why it can't find the credentials.

Have you installed the sysusers.d/brltty.conf and tmpfiles.d/brltty.conf files?

>I want to have brltty start as the invoking user which in my case is root.

Why? What's so important to you regarding which user brltty is running as?

If you invoke brltty yourself then it'll indeed be running as whichever user
you used to invoke it, unless, of course, you specified an unprivileged user in
brltty.conf and/or as a command line option.

If you invoke brltty via systemd then it's best to let it do whatever it's been
told to do. How it does that isn't your concern. It only becomes a problem when
the installation is faulty.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |