[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Mon Feb 22 15:09:56 EST 2021

OK, maybe now we are getting something.  I certainly did
make install-systemd install-udev
but it does not install /usr/lib/sysusers/brltty.conf nor
/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/brltty.conf   so do I have to execute something
else, or do I have to copy them from Autostart by hand?  lets see what
happens.

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:05:57 -0500,
Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/02/22 at 08:19 -0500]
>
> >I think the usb rules are being executed,
>
> Which is exactly why you shouldn't "just start brltty". One of your problems
> (perhaps not the most important one) might be that you have two brltty
> instances (one started by you and the other started by udev) trying to access
> the same braille device.
>
> >the problem seems to be with the brltty at .service.  I am not sure why its not
> >working, it claims it can't execute /libexec/brltty/systemd-wrapper,
>
> My guess is that the wraper script is failing becuase the brltty instance that
> it's running is failing, i.e. not due to any fault of its own.
>
> >but I can do it manually
>
> Perhaps beccause you're invoking it as root whereas systemd isn't. Rememer that
> systemd has been told to run brltty as the user brltty, and that you've said
> that, on your system, this user hasn't been defined.
>
> It could be that a lot of your problems would go away if you were to cotrrectly
> install these files:
>
>    /usr/lib/sysusers.d/brltty.conf
>    /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/brltty.conf
>
> --
> I believe the Bible to be the very Word of God: http://Mielke.cc/bible/
> Dave Mielke            | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
> EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc  | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
> Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici at ccs.covici.com