[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

Alexander Epaneshnikov aarnaarn2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:32:42 EST 2021

24.02.2021 0:04, Alexander Epaneshnikov пишет:
> 22.02.2021 2:01, John Covici пишет:
>> gentoo does not have a  ebuild for brltty-6.3, only for 6.1,
>
> perhaps you need to ask gentoo developers to update brltty?
>
>> I have been trying to do this myself and I have a make command for
>> udev and
>> systemd in the ebuild.  This is why those files are in the
>> /lib/systemd/system directory.
>
> I do not want to offend you, but as we can see from the messages
> further, you
> are not very good at it. and this is understandable. since writing an
> ebuild is
> much more complicated than creating a pkgbuild for arch eg.
>
> I use gentoo on my nas where I don't need brltty. so unfortunately I
> cannot help
> you with updating the ebuild. but I highly recommend contacting the
> distribution
> itself for support.

in order not to be a completely unhelpful snob, I recommend reading
about SYSTEMD.ECLASS [1]
TMPFILES.ECLASS [2]. but I think the rest of the ebuild questions should be
directed to the gentoo developers. brltty actually does everything right
in this
case.

[1] https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/systemd.eclass/index.html
[2] https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/tmpfiles.eclass/index.html