[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Wed Feb 24 10:56:53 EST 2021

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 08:39:57 -0500,
Alexander Epaneshnikov wrote:

> 24.02.2021 15:37, John Covici пишет:
> > Yes, it was in /lib,  (thanks a lot, not sure why that _ got i n
> > there) but then the question remains, how come we are getting errors
> > with brltty at .service?  We seem to have two classes of errors,  in the
> > original version of that file, it complains about modprobe returning
> > an error -- executing the modprobe commands in that file by hand no
> > errors.    You have -+ before the /sbin/modprobe, which might make a
> > difference.
> >
> > The next error we have is that the logs complain about not being able
> > to execute /libexec/brltty/systemd-wrapper.
> >
> > You were thinking that the reason this happened was missing
> > sysusers/brltty.conf and tmpfiles.d/brltty.conf but now we have found
> > them.
> >
> I think you need to check that the temporary files are actually
> created and the
> users and groups are assigned. then you can try to figure it out further.
>
> however, I don’t understand why you don’t just go to the gentoo
> developers. it
> is their responsibility to update the programs in their distribution.

When are these files supposed to be created?  If its only on reboot, I
have not rebooted since this all started.  It does look like  the
files are there, at least I checked /var/lib/BrlApi and that was there
the files being owned by root.

To answer your other question, I have no way to talk to the gentoo
developers, except to file a bug and the maintainer for this package
has been taking many months -- the last ebuild for this package was
6.1.  From 6.1 to 6.2 was not that difficult, all I had to change was
where it got the tarball from and a few other things, but from 6.2 to
6.3 there have been more major changes I have to deal with.  Its a
learning experience, definitely.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una