[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Feb 24 11:14:01 EST 2021

[quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/02/24 at 10:56 -0500]

>When are these files supposed to be created?  If its only on reboot, I
>have not rebooted since this all started.  It does look like  the
>files are there, at least I checked /var/lib/BrlApi and that was there
>the files being owned by root.

Yes, on reboot, but owned by root means that tmpfiles isn't done. Also, your
bigger problem is sysusers so has the brltty user been created?

>I have no way to talk to the gentoo
>developers, except to file a bug and the maintainer for this package
>has been taking many months --

So why don't you just write to him/her directly?

Better yet, why not switch to a more reliable distribution?

>the last ebuild for this package was 6.1.  From 6.1 to 6.2 was not that
>difficult, all I had to change was where it got the tarball from and a few
>other things, but from 6.2 to 6.3 there have been more major changes I have to
>deal with.

And, for all any of us knows, there'll be yet more, possibly major, changes to
come!

>Its a learning experience, definitely.

Sure, for you. It's also been a lot of time and effort for others.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |