[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Feb 24 11:24:51 EST 2021

[quoted lines by Dave Mielke on 2021/02/24 at 10:47 -0500]

I must make a correction:

>>You have -+ before the /sbin/modprobe, which might make a difference.
>
>Do you really think the + would be there if it didn't make a difference? Sure
>it makes a very big difference. It maens to ignore any errors. That could
>happen, for example, if the module being installed didn't exist. That's clearly
>not your problem, though, since you said, earlier, that both are indeed loaded.

There are both a - and a +. The - means to ignore any errors. The + means to
execute it (i.e. modprobe) as root even though a different user has been
specified.

These modprobes, therefore, wouldn't be the ones that are failing. This,
actually, is consistent with how I read your logs. Brltty is also donig those
commands, and it's those that are failing. That's very likely to happen if
systemd created a temporary brltty user since that temporary user wouldn't be
known to the host.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |