[BRLTTY] Saving configuration

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Jan 1 14:07:57 EST 2021

On 1/1/21 1:06 PM, Dave Mielke wrote:
> If a table is specified both as a saved preference and in brltty.conf
> then
> which selection should win? I suppose the preference should win, but users
> would then wonder why changing it in brltty.conf has no effect.

I agree this is a problem. Would the following type of solution (with
modifications as you wish) work?

1. Define defaults for the tables in BRLTTY itself (if not already done).

2. If a non-default table is specified in brltty.conf, it takes
precedence over anything in Preferences, and a warning is issued to the
system log.

3. Obviously, a non-default table in Preferences is honoured if not
overridden in brltty.conf.

I'm not taking a stance here on what is the correct policy, just
proposing a starting point.