[BRLTTY] Saving configuration

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Jan 1 17:47:01 EST 2021

On 1/1/21 2:19 PM, Dave Mielke wrote:
> Sure, but:
>> 3. Obviously, a non-default table in Preferences is honoured if not
>> overridden in brltty.conf.
> We end up with the same reverse problem, i.e. a user would again wonder why
> his/her preference change isn't taking effect.
Interestingly, that's also the current problem with those values not
being saved in the preferences as expected.
I suppose the question for the collective wisdom of BRLTTY developers is
which policy makes the most sense, and what kinds of warnings/messages
should be put in place to guide users when unexpected results occur?