[BRLTTY] Nos braille ouput through Orca since 6.2

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Fri Mar 12 18:20:52 EST 2021

Issue solved (somehow).

In our main init script, after having started brltty, the was this line:
rm -rf /var/run/*

Just moving it up (before starting brltty) did the trick.
It looks a little weird though that the issue occurred even with:
-W /run/brltty
in the command line or:
writable-directory=/run/brltty
in brltty.conf

An aside I am not convinced that the benefit of this least privilege thing
is worth the additional complication. Maybe that's related to the fact that
I never could read in full "man capabilities" before falling asleep :-)

Oh and the brltty process started early (by root) still can't be killed with
a SIGTERM, but that's a minor inconvenience, I think. Anyway I have
added -9
to the kill command of our daemon manager in the stop function.

Have a good week-end everybody.
Didier