[BRLTTY] braille Unicode input in X

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Mar 27 13:21:11 EDT 2021

Samuel Thibault, le sam. 27 mars 2021 18:17:16 +0100, a ecrit:
> Ok, so cmdBrlttyToBrlapi should somehow respect the brailleTypingMode
> parameter, either by testing it itself or letting convertDotsToCharacter
> do it.

I'm thinking that we may want to change the default retaindots
parameter: it used to be 1, i.e. get untranslated dots by default. But
now that the user can control whether to translate dots or not, I'd say
the best default would be 0, so that applications by default get the
user preference, and it's only if a particular application really wants
dots that it will get them.

Samuel