[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Mon Mar 29 05:36:55 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Aura Kelloniemi on 2021/03/29 at 09:56 +0300]

>I have never heard of such a device. Wow. Are they just virtual devices, or are there real ones as well?

There are some very real ones.

>How does contraction and text display work together?

For contracted braille, the text used to be (a long time ago) blank. Nowadays, though, Unicode braille patterns are sent to the text display in that case. Of course, if the text display doesn't support those then it's up to the driver as to what to do.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |