[BRLTTY] Fwd: Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 9 02:22:18 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2021/05/08 at 20:29 +0200]

>From: Christian Schoepplein <chris at schoeppi.net>
>To: debian-accessibility at lists.debian.org
>Subject: Problems when using brltty in the terminal
>Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 16:20:35 +0200
>
>3. Edited the file  /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90xbrlapi and removed the "-s no" parameter for the startcommand of brltty.
>But it seems, and that is totaly not understandable for me, that the brltty also is able to read things in ghe graphical environment. Wehn I open the application menu for example with Alt + F1 the entries are also outputed by the speech system, when no Orca and also only the brltty in the terminal with speech support is running.

I'm not fully understanding, but that's probably because I don't work within the graphical environment. What I'm not understanding is that he enables brltty speech and then wonders why its speaking. It seems that both brltty and orca are speaking, but, if so, why did he enable brltty speech?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |