[BRLTTY] Fwd: Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 9 04:52:41 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by halim.sahin at freenet.de on 2021/05/09 at 09:23 +0200]

>   Yes, brltty should talk when a user enables speech. But It should
>   _only_ talk in xfce/mate/gnome terminals and not when using the
>   graphical desktop.

I suppose that, strictly speaking, is a matter of user preference. Ideally, although there's still work to be done, there's no reason that the a2 screen driver shouldn't fully support the graphical environment.

>   On my Machine brltty 6.0 is in use in ubuntu 20.04 and that version of
>   brltty works as described.
>   I think the work on a2 driver in brltty 6.1 is the problem here.

Have you tried speifying the option -Xa2:type=terminal?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |