[BRLTTY] Fwd: Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Mon May 10 06:16:22 EDT 2021

Hi Brian,

Am 10.05.2021 um 02:08 schrieb Brian Buhrow:
>  One way around the problem with a graphical terminal accessibility issues while
> still working in a graphical environment is to use a screen reader like brltty or Yasr in an
> instance of xterm.  While brltty won't give you access to the rest of the graphical
> environment, it should give you full access to the xterm in which it's running.  Then, you can
> use Orca for everything not a terminal plus Brltty for the xterm itself.

I have no idea how such a setup could look like but I'd try it if you
can tell a little bit more detailed what I have to to please.

The advantage to use the Mate terminal would also be that you can use
many of the features of a graphical environment. For example it would be
very easy to copy and paste the content ofthe clipboard betwenn the two
environments. Will that also be possible when using xterm to run brltty?

Like said, I would giv it a try, but to be honest I'd be more happy if
brltty would be able to run in a graphical terminal without the
mensioned problems.

Cheers,

   Schoepp