[BRLTTY] Fwd: Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Sun May 9 14:41:12 EDT 2021

Am 09.05.2021 um 12:10 schrieb Aura Kelloniemi:
> Isn't Orca's speech support for terminals better than BRLTTY's? I believe it
> is more featureful, though syncing the braille display with speech output is
> not possible, if Orca does the speaking.

Exactly this is the problem.

Speech and braille output is not allways in sync. Also some text
applications behave strange when using them with a screen reader that is
made for a graphical environment.

For doing some fast and easy tasks Orca is enough as speech system, but
for more complicated things its better to use also a speech system which
is optimized for the console with brltty.

Ciao,

   Schoepp