[BRLTTY] Fwd: Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sun May 9 15:08:34 EDT 2021

Le 09/05/2021 à 20:41, Christian Schoepplein a écrit :
> Am 09.05.2021 um 12:10 schrieb Aura Kelloniemi:
>> Isn't Orca's speech support for terminals better than BRLTTY's? I
>> believe it
>> is more featureful, though syncing the braille display with speech
>> output is
>> not possible, if Orca does the speaking.
>
> Exactly this is the problem.
>
> Speech and braille output is not allways in sync. Also some text
> applications behave strange when using them with a screen reader that is
> made for a graphical environment.
>
> For doing some fast and easy tasks Orca is enough as speech system, but
> for more complicated things its better to use also a speech system which
> is optimized for the console with brltty.
>
> Ciao,
>
>    Schoepp

<off topic>
I always wonder why people do in a graphical environment things more
easily done
in a console. Maybe just because that's what they are used to? Granted,
there
are things that can't be done in console, but typing commands in a shell or
editing text files isn't among them, as far as I know.
<off topic>

Cheers,
Didier