[BRLTTY] Fwd: Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Sun May 9 15:29:27 EDT 2021

On Sun, May 09, 2021 at 11:13:03AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>No, please reread tryRestartTerm, it only uses the typeFlags array to
>determine the quality returned by the screen reader. If there is no text
>to read it will return SCQ_NONE indeed since it has nothing to
>when brltty is alone as a screen reader.

OK; then the only solution currently is to use an older brltty version if I like to have a setup with speech support enabled for brltty in the Mate terminal? Is this right?

If this really is the only way to go, I don't know if it is worth the work. There are also other issues and problems with the output of brltty with strange behaviour for empty or very long lines or for applications like vim where a status line is displayed which is constantly changing and with very slow cursor routing. Some of this problems I know from the normal text console, also some problems with speech output, but not all of it and I really wonder if I am relly the only one with that kind of problems. I can try to describe all my findings, but I don't know if my English is good enough.
Cheers,

  Schoepp