[BRLTTY] Fwd: Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 9 15:45:27 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Christian Schoepplein on 2021/05/09 at 21:29 +0200]

>OK; then the only solution currently is to use an older brltty version if I like to have a setup with speech support enabled for brltty in the Mate terminal? Is this right?

Maybe. Another possibility might be to tell Orca to ignore termiinal windows. I don't know if that's possible. Or, maybe, I have this backward. Is the problem that you're getting double speech when you are or aren't in a terminal window?

>If this really is the only way to go, I don't know if it is worth the work. There are also other issues and problems with the output of brltty with strange behaviour for empty or very long lines or for applications like vim where a status line is displayed which is constantly changing and with very slow cursor routing.

There were several problems with the AtSpi2 screen driver which have been fixed recently (in 6.2, I think). That might be a reason to upgrade even further.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |