[BRLTTY] User files on android

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat May 22 06:53:57 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Musicate on 2021/05/22 at 11:36 +0300]

>I use Brltty on Android. I would like to test the contraction table that I
>edited. I created the Brltty folder on the memory card, and put the ru.ctb
>file which need to be tested in this folder. But even after restarting the
>phone, Brltty does not pick up the table from the my Brltty folder that
>located on the CD card.
>What should I fix so that my custom table is used instead of the one
>installed with the application by default?

It's possible that your phone's /sdcard folder is actually a symbolic link to an internal location. That, in fact, is quite common these days. If so, putting the file on an actual SD card might not work (although it should, so I'll look into supporting that). My phone doesn't have an SD card slot so it's not easy for me to debugh.

If you have adb then you can check what your /sdcard is with this command:

   adb shell ls -d -l /sdcard

If it says something like:

   /sdcard -> /storage/self/primary

then, yes, it's pointing to an internal location. Let's assume that this is the case. If so, you can create the needed folder with this command:

   adb shell mkdir /sdcard/brltty

Then you can copy your file into that folder with this command:

   adb push ru.ctb /sdcard/brltty/

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |