[BRLTTY] User files on Android

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Fri May 28 08:05:58 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Екатерина on 2021/05/28 at 14:25 +0300]

>I used adb and copied my contraction table on my phone. It was success. But
>this file and folder brltty have so path
>, /storage/emulated/0/brltty/ru.ctb

When you copy your ru.ctb into that folder, does brltty see it?

You can put your file into /sdcard/brltty/ as that's a symbolic link to the path you show above. Accessing the folder via the /sdcard symbolic link is the way that's guaranteed to work.

>So I understand that is impossible to copy my user files on my Blackberry key
>one even using adb.

It should work. Please try using /sdcard/brltty/. Also, you'll need to cause brltty to reread your table. This can be done via a reboot or by changing away from and then back to your table.

>It's very uncomfortable recompile and reinstall Brltty app again and again,
>because it's necessary to set my preferences every time.

Do you mean ru.ctb or do you mean making changes within the preferences menu?

>May be could I use something else? E. G. I can create especial compile of
>Brltty what would be installed on android/data on my phone?

There's no need for doing something that extreme. We just need to figure out what the problem is.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |