[BRLTTY] [slint] Re: User 'pawel' in Polish

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Nov 20 11:57:27 EST 2021

[quoted lines by Didier Spaier on 2021/11/20 at 14:22 +0100]

>No systemd in Slint.

What starts processes during boot, then?

>> I personally think that the beeper is much nicer for the alert tunes, but the user can also select pcm for the tune device, which will then use the sound card.
>
>How do I do that? I didn't find which settings is to be used in brltty.conf
>or the command line, neither how to set it properly.

The tune device is set via a preference. Newer releases (I can look up which one) have an override-preferences option. It takes name=value, so:

   command line: -o tune-device=beeper
   brltty.conf: override-preferences tune-device=beeper

That's the default, though, so that's what it should be set to "out of the box" unless it's been either configured out or explicitly set to something else.

Using the beeper requires: modprobe pcspkr

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |