[BRLTTY] [slint] Re: User 'pawel' in Polish

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sat Nov 20 13:07:59 EST 2021

Le 20/11/2021 à 17:57, Dave Mielke a écrit :

> What starts processes during boot, then?

sysvinit. links:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/sysvinit
https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/sysvinit.git

> The tune device is set via a preference. Newer releases (I can look up which one) have an override-preferences option. It takes name=value, so:
>
>     command line: -o tune-device=beeper
>     brltty.conf: override-preferences tune-device=beeper
>
> That's the default, though, so that's what it should be set to "out of the box" unless it's been either configured out or explicitly set to something else.
>
> Using the beeper requires: modprobe pcspkr

Having read the text under Tune Device in:
https://brltty.app/doc/Manual-BRLTTY/English/BRLTTY-5.html#ss5.4
I requested Philippe (in CC) to make some tries not using pcspeaker.

typing:
brltty -o tune-device=pcm
only partially worked: he got a tune at startup and exit of brltty only.

brltty -o tune-device=midi didn't work at all

I think i will just include again the pcspkr driver in the next Slint
kernel.

Cheers,
Didier