[BRLTTY] Pixel 6 brltty crashes with focus 80 and no toggle to turn it on or off.

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Apr 2 06:19:40 EDT 2022

[quoted lines by Jeremiah Ticket on 2022/04/01 at 17:23 -0600]

>I have a pixel 6, and there is no toggle for brltty in the
>accessibility settings under the brltty option.

Brltty itself has no control over that. Which release of Android are you running? To me, this'd be more of an Android release issue than a specific device issue. Of course, it could be a manufacturer customization thing, e.g. Samsung versus Google, but I'm using a Pixel 4a and the toggle is there.

>Also, focus 80 connects for not even a second and crashes.

Via USB?

>How can I troubleshoot this?

Do you know how to use adb logcat to grab your device's system log? If you do, could you please send it to me (not to the list, in case it contains confidential data) and I'll have a look at it.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |