[BRLTTY] Brltty sounds absence with sof-firmware driver used on Linux

Vsevolod Popov sevapopov13 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 15:44:50 EST 2022

12.01.2022 01:22, Vsevolod Popov пишет:
> 2. As suggested in the quoated line, I inserted -L parameter and
> specified the pass to the log file for a systemd instance:
> After restarting the system I noticed that a brlApiLog specified in
> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/90xbrlapi is created, but a log file specified
> in /etc/brltty.conf is not.
> I suppose there is something wrong.
Yes, there was the wrong step at the beginning. The log file specified
at brltty.conf file was never created due to it couldn't be stored in
/home/user directory. I didn't know that. I stored it in
/var/lib/brltty/brlttyLog and it was created.
I hope now everything should work, at least brlApi driver is no longer
displayed and there are a lot of usb output messages.
And the support for QBrailleXL can be added.
Huge thanks to Alexandr Epaneshnikov for clarifying the issue and how it
can be fixed!
For me, it wasn't clear that the file cannot be written to a home
directory due to brltty user doesn't have such permitions.
Here is the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cbzby7po91mlng/brlttyLog?dl=1
Thank you.
--