[BRLTTY] Russian braille tables and orca issue

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jan 17 18:38:39 EST 2022

[quoted lines by Alexander Epaneshnikov on 2022/01/18 at 01:46 +0300]

>if you can also fix that brltty prefers an internal table for brlapi clients
>that's great too, although the problem is less severe now.

That's an Orca issue. I'll look into rendering text in contracted braille, if that's what brltty does normally, though. But that'll still depend on brltty having a good contraction table for the language being used.

Actually, for the contraction table, there may be a way. BrlAPI, assuming it's reasonably recent, now supports parameters. One of them is for setting the literary braille (contraction) table. Orca could set this parameter (to louis:absoluteTablePath), thus making brltty use Orca's current contraction table.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |