[BRLTTY] Clipboard stops working when brltty is active

Vsevolod Popov sevapopov13 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 03:42:42 EST 2022

Hello.
19.01.2022 18:14, Vsevolod Popov пишет:
> Recently, I installed brltty from master with the brltty-git package
> from AUR.
> Since that time, my clipboard stopped working when the braille display
> is connected.
> I can copy the text, but I cannot paste it.
> I cannot do that with shortcuts and from the context menu.
> I think the problem can be connected with xorg, but I tried reinstalling
> it and nothing helped, still clipboard doesn't work when the display is
> connected.
I could solve this issue and I'd like to share how, so other users who
can possibly browse list archives can see the solution if they have this
problem.
I tried reinstalling brltty many times, but thing that helped is
removing 90xbrlapi file from /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/ and reinstalling
brltty again.
I also added my user to brlapi group again even if it was already added.
After rebooting, the clipboard started working and also brltty started
working when Orca is turned off, previously it simply wrote "Screen is
not in the text mode".
I also assume that the problem could happen because I had .packsave
files of brlapi in the directory, but I removed all copies of 90xbrlapi
and reinstalled the brltty.
Finally, all issues have been fixed!
I hope that helps someone in the future!
Thank you!
--
regards,
Vsevolod