[BRLTTY] Russian braille tables and orca issue

Vsevolod Popov sevapopov13 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:34:20 EDT 2022

17.03.2022 13:11, Dave Mielke пишет:
> Are you referring to brltty's Russian text or contraction table?
I am speaking about LibLouis contraction braille table. I forgot that in
BRLTTY they are stated as contraction tables.
> Is this a new problem? If its new, when did it start?
well, I cannot tell that's new. I found it in January. It comes from a
previous problem that Orca couldn't detect contraction tables which was
partially solved by replacing BRLTTY Russian table with new LibLouis
computer braille table.
After an update of BRLTTY until version 6.4, when some issues with x11
were fixed, I noticed that the situation became better. It started
working as I described earlier. Tables started detecting but the only
problem is the punctuation symbols displaying in a wrong way, computer
braille symbols are displayed instead of the symbols that are defined in
the contraction table.
I hope I could explain it well.
Thank you!
--