[BRLTTY] Russian braille tables and orca issue

Vsevolod Popov sevapopov13 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 08:18:04 EDT 2022

19.03.2022 21:48, Dave Mielke пишет:
> The best, then, might be to discuss this issue with either the LibLouis people or the maintainer of its Russian tables. That being said, if you can describe the problem, perhaps including a test line of Russian text that illustrates it, I can have a look.
I've included Andrey Yakuboy, the current maintainer of Russian LibLouis
tables to the copy.
The problem, as I described, is that Orca doesn't display the correct
punctuation symbols for Russian contracted, Russian literal or Russian
literal detailed braille.
We can check that it's incorrect by checking the same tables in NVDA.
As far as including the line:
For example:
Здравствуйте. Это демонстрационный текст!
In Orca settings, choose ru-litbrl-detailed, ru-litbrl or ru-g1 braille
tables.
When it's selected, punctuation is displayed as if it was a computer
braille table when in fact the literal braille or a contracted braille
table is selected. As I also told earlier, all capital letters, numbers
and rules such as not using space after the comma in literal braille
tables work as expected.
However, when for example English grade 1 or grade 2 tables are
selected, the punctuation is displayed as it's written in table rules.
Thank you!
--
regards,
Vsevolod