[BRLTTY] Russian braille tables and orca issue

Vsevolod Popov sevapopov13 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:49:32 EDT 2022

21.03.2022 21:44, Андрей Якубой пишет:
> Unfortunately, I'm absolutely not a Linux user (I have Ubuntu as a
> virtual machine, but it doesn't recognize my braille display).What you can try performing is to install an extension pack for
VirtualBox. It enables USB2 devices to be connected and used in guest
machines. But to do that I would recommend you to use the help of a
sited person. Because I couldn't do it by myself. NVDA freezes in the
window of the pack installation and object navigation doesn't work there.
If you use VMWare player, braille display should detect without any issues.
After you are able to connect your braille display to a virtual machine,
I can suggest you to try to compile Orca and BRLTTY from master.
--
Best regards,
Vsevolod