[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and Raspberry PI

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 1 19:01:30 EDT 2022

[quoted lines by kperry at blinksoft.com on 2022/05/01 at 18:05 -0400]

>I looked at all  the branches on github.  I don't see a dev or a 6.5.  Is
>there a way to get an early look at the new version?

The master branch is the latest development code. The tags are for official releases.

>So far I have not been able to get the orbits to work in emulation mode

As I recall, that's true. The emulation mode is close, but, at least for brltty, not close enough.

>so I guess I have to wait on the new release.

No - just build from the master branch.

>I will also mention when I tried to run with the run script it could not
>find some stuf fand still seemed to want me to install it before running
>which maybe just my lack of knowledge with brltty.

After you do the make (but not the make install), cd to the top-level brltty directory and do: ./run-brltty

You give the run-brltty wrapper script exactly the same options as you'd give to brltty directly.

Also, note that you probably need to log in as root and run it from there.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |