[BRLTTY] 6.5 within a couple of weeks.

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Mon May 2 04:30:03 EDT 2022

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 10:55:00AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
>The current plan is to release 6.5 during the week of May 9. Please let us
>know of any problems (not new features) that need to be resolved.

I'd like again report the problem that not the whole line is spoken when
lines start with the same characters.

For example the following lines are not spoken fully in some situations:

ssh
ssd
ssl

In some situations only h, d and l are spoken.

Unfortunatly this behaviour is not allways reproducable but I think it
ocures when the screen is wrapped e.g. in an editor because the lines are
located at the bottom.

I can reproduce it in bash, but I don't know if this is a wanted behaviour
or a bug:

1. Write ssl and press enter.
2. Write ssd and press arrow up.

In that case only l is spoken and not ssl...

When working with braille and speech this might not be a big issue, but when
only speech output is available its a bit difficult allways to know whats
the real screen content.

Cheers and thanks for all your work,

  Schoepp