[BRLTTY] Orbit 40

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue May 3 20:01:51 EDT 2022

[quoted lines by kperry at blinksoft.com on 2022/05/03 at 19:35 -0400]

>I am trying to get it to work on Bluetooth.  I have Bluetooth all setup.  The orbit 40 is connected and trusted.

Let brltty take care of the connect. If it's already connected then brltty will have trouble initiating its own connection.

>I run Bluetooth from the main make directory

What does "run bluetooth" mean?

>with sudo ./run-brltty.  It sits there long enough for the Orbit reader to go to sleep.

Did you capture and look at a log to see what problems are being reported?

>I am wondering if there is something wrong or is this not supported yet.

Yes, Bluetooth for the Orbity Reader is supported.

>Oh steps I used to setup Bluetooth
>
>Sudo apt install Bluetooth pi-bluetooth bluez
>
>Run

Run what?

>Sudo bluetoothctl
>
>Scan on
>
>Pick the mac for orbit 40
>
>Pair <mac>
>
>See the connect message on the Orbit 40 it says successfully paired
>
>Connect <mac
>
>Trust <mac>
>
>Exit

Again, don't do the connect.

>Sudo ./run-brkltty

Just to be sure, you might try explicitly specifying the bluetooth device address. So, for the device, specify bluetooth:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |