[BRLTTY] 6.5 within a couple of weeks.

Halim Sahin halim.sahin at freenet.de
Mon May 9 08:33:38 EDT 2022

Hi,
On Mon, May 09, 2022 at 05:43:59AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Christian Schoepplein on 2022/05/09 at 10:39 +0200]
>
> >But lets take again the example when you type in a shell "ssl", press
> >enter, type "ssh" and then go up one line. In this case brltty only
> >speaks "l".  This isn't the right behaviour IMHO because not the "l"
> >is focused and its not the character where the cursor is positioned.
> >The cursor is located behind the "l" so IMHO speaking "blank", or
> >whatever is spoken for a empty sign, should be spoken.
>
> But wouldn't that be even more useless when using speech only? I'd
> think that knowing what has changed, rather than what hasn't changed,
> is more helpful.

I agree with christian.
Brltty should report the selected char and not the changed one.
This  would be the expected behaviour also comprared with other
screenreaders.

In Editors the expected behavour would be to read the complete Line.
I don't  know idf this might be configurable in brltty.
BR.
Halim