[BRLTTY] [ht] Spurious Cursor Moving when braille display is attached

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Fri Jun 14 04:39:05 EDT 2024

Hi Dave

Dave Mielke schrieb am 11.06.2024, 13:59 -0400:
>[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2024/06/11 at 17:51 +0200]
>
>>As soon as the display is connected, it sends events that somehow get interpreted as "arrow left". As soon as the display is disconnected, this stops.
>
>Perhaps a key is stuck.

Could be. It wasn't apparent "from the outside".

>>I have tried to take a log with BRLTTY, but am unsure about which category to choose and the configuration syntax. I have put
>>
>>log-level	brlkeys,csrrtg,brldrv
>
>Looks okey except that you don't need csrrtg.

Thanks. At the moment, I cannot reproduce this behaviour. Is there a way to
start BRLTTY with braille input disabled? That'd be helpful next time.

>>Is the syntax correct, or would I have to put a log-level directive per line?
>
>Both should work. I myself usually put them all on one line like you did.

Maybe this could be added as a hint to the config? Also, would it be possible
to have the logging categories in the man page?

>>2024-06-11 at 17:38:22.466 [brltty] missing braille message acknowledgement
>>2024-06-11 at 17:38:22.466 [brltty] Write error 5: Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler
>
>You'll need to help me, here. Does that mean "I/O error"?

As Mario said, indeed. I'm sorry, I forgot to change the locale before taking
a log.

Thanks
Sebastian