[BRLTTY] Somewhat New Linux User with a Few Questions

Lanie Carmelo laniegcarmelo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 19:36:38 EDT 2024

Hi. I hope someone out there is getting these. I did more research, and
my problem seems to be similar to the one here on this page from the
list archive: [BRLTTY] Humanware driver and USB HID
<https://brltty.app/pipermail/brltty/2021-March/018163.html>

My Brailliant repeatedly shows "braille driver restarting, and from the
look of my /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices file, the Braille driver isn't
working at all. Here are the relevant lines from that file:

T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  2 Spd=480  MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=1c71 ProdID=c131 Rev= 5.10
S:  Product=Brailliant BI 40X
S:  SerialNumber=65-4000-002259
C:* #Ifs= 3 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=  2mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=03(HID  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=usbfs
E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   8 Ivl=1ms
E:  Ad=02(O) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   8 Ivl=1ms
I:* If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=03(HID  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=usbhid
E:  Ad=83(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   8 Ivl=1ms
E:  Ad=04(O) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   8 Ivl=1ms
I:* If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=06(still) Sub=01 Prot=01 Driver=(none)
E:  Ad=85(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=06(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E:  Ad=87(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  28 Ivl=4ms

I would really like to get this working so I can use my Braille display.
Please let me know what I need to do to fix it. Thanks.