[BRLTTY] BRLTTY for Cygwin

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Aug 4 15:14:09 EDT 2005

Lars Bjørndal, le Thu 04 Aug 2005 20:32:59 +0200, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:
>
> > Lars Bjørndal, le Thu 04 Aug 2005 16:08:03 +0200, a écrit :
> >> I have still problems with brltty for cygwin with Braille Star 40. I
> >> did:
> >>
> >>         brltty -b ht -d /dev/ttyS0 -e -l debug 2>errors.txt
> >
> > /dev/ttyS0 doesn't exist in cygwin. Just use the usual windows name:
> >
> > brltty -b ht -d com1 -e -l debug 2>errors.txt
>
> Here is the result, in errors.txt:
>
> brltty.exe: initializing braille driver: ht -> com1
> brltty.exe: serial device opened: /dev/com1: fd=3
> brltty.exe: Input wait error 2: No such file or directory.

Hmm. Is your braille device really connected on the serial port? If the
system says that com1 doesn't exist, that means that the serial port
itself doesn't exist. Does it appear in the system control panel? Itsn't
it used by another program?

(btw, the /dev/ prefix does not hurt, and actually /dev/ttyS0 should
work too in the cygwin port (not the mingw one though)).

Regards,
Samuel