[BRLTTY] BRLTTY for Cygwin

Lars Bjørndal lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no
Thu Aug 4 16:23:09 EDT 2005

On tor, aug 04, 2005 at 09:14:09 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hmm. Is your braille device really connected on the serial port? If the
> system says that com1 doesn't exist, that means that the serial port
> itself doesn't exist. Does it appear in the system control panel? Itsn't
> it used by another program?

Yes, the device is connected and switched on. Yes, the serial port
com1 occures in the system control panel. And no, the port isn't used
by any other program.

If I do (from cygwin) cat fil.txt>/dev/com1, I can hear some beeps
from the display, which means that the data is sent over the serial
port com1. What's the message /dev/com1: fd=3 means?

Regards,
Lars