[BRLTTY] 3.7

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Aug 7 07:23:24 EDT 2005

Jason White, le Sun 07 Aug 2005 13:49:22 +1000, a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 09:24:23AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> > I'll probably be releasing 3.7 in a few days so please check out the latest
> > revision and let me know what else you'd really like to see either fixed or
> > added.
>
> While reading a document, I moved to the next "screen". However, some of
> the text of the previous screen was still shown on the braille display,
> intermixed with the new text. This didn't happen until about half way
> down the "updated" screen.

What was the application ?

It may be a displaying bug due to kernel output: when using ncurses,
applications optimise printing: letters that don't change are not
reprinted. But if for instance the kernel prints a message, the cursor
gets moved and the application is not aware of that, so that the
printing is shifted and hence mix with the previous printing. The
solution is then to type ^L to make the application reprint everything.

In some situations (I don't know exactly which), ncurses applications
also seem to "forget" to clear the screen, or something like this. And
then printing is also mixed. Here, it is a bug in ncurses.

Well, in both case it wasn't a bug in brltty: the real screen was also
showing those effects.

Regards,
Samuel