[BRLTTY] A SpeechAPI for BrlTTY

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Tue Aug 30 14:32:50 EDT 2005

Dear all,

Well, Sam was rather complete in explaining our reasons for not mixing
speech and braille management. And the points given by Nicolas are
relevant, too. So I'll just insist a little bit:
As people subscribed to a11y mailing-lists can see, handling braille
support is already incredibly difficult (much more difficult I ever
thought when starting BrlAPI, actually).
So we are certainly not going to make our lives even more difficult by
adding support for speech, for which we have absolutely no experience
(given that this support is itself _highly_ non-trivial).
For those who can't believe BrlAPI is complex, just have a look to the
source code, it's already big enough, I'd sax.

And by the way, Yannick, you said that the thread stuff has "few bugs".
Please report them !!

Okay, I think that's it for now.
Cheers,
Sébastien.