[BRLTTY] Xbrlapi

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Mon Dec 11 11:41:17 EST 2006

Willie Walker :
> 1) What is xbrlapi?  Is it something that should co-exist with Orca, or
> is it something that Orca should subsume?

They do different things. Orca is a screen reader, xbrlapi tells BrlAPI's
server which application currently has the focus.

This allows BrlAPI's server|o decideTo which application's writes should
actually be transmitted to the braille device, and which appliction
should receive the key presses.

> 2) If xbrlapi is something that should co-exist with Orca, and the use
> of readKey is what is breaking this relationship, what recommendations
> do you have for what we should do in Orca?

I don't think the problem comes from readKey, but I' rather wait for
Samuel's pointof view because he wrote xbrlapi.

Sébastien.