[BRLTTY] Re: gnome-braille

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Dec 12 06:15:04 EST 2006

Bill Haneman, le Tue 12 Dec 2006 10:27:39 +0000, a écrit :
> I would be happy to facilitate the restructuring of this library into
> something that the community could use, but we would need to make it a
> group effort to ensure that the library had an active developer
> community going forward.  That's one reason why I would prefer to see it
> hosted and enhanced as a client library in the "brltty" space.

Well, if Dave agrees, why not: that will really make it independent of
the KDE or the gnome desktop.  That will make it dependent on brltty,
however.  Suseblinux expressed their will to see such stuff independent
of brltty (including the brlapi server).

Another problem is that only Dave has commit access to the svn, so that
will require him yet more energy.

Samuel