[BRLTTY] Re: gnome-braille

Yannick PLASSIARD yan at mistigri.org
Tue Dec 12 05:48:20 EST 2006

Hello Bill,
	As an opposite to your argumentation, the problem could be that
any client written using BrlAPI woul claim to be into the BrlTty
"namespace" i.e. SVN.
Of course we already have Xbrlapi which is in t:is case, but I'm not
sure this would be a good sollution.

But, of course, I totally agree with you: We have now several projects
for Braille handling (brltty+brlapi, xbrlapi, gnome-braille) and several
clients that will soon use the full potential of the API , as Orca for
example. It would be good to make this community effort to meet all our
needs into what we could name a "standard something".
After this would be decided, it would be good to create a placeholder
for this kind of discutions, and t:en design all libraries
restructurations depending on what was "adopted" or "decided" on this
placeholder. The main "problem" here, is that this can take a very long
time, and even never succeed.
--
Yannick