[BRLTTY] Re: gnome-braille

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 12 05:27:39 EST 2006

Jason White wrote:
>> I'm not sure whether this should be integrated into BRLTTY: this is
>> something that other applications may need (like cups for embossing
>> text, for instance).
>>

> In that case I would suggest not calling it gnome-braille, among other reasons
> because it might then be resisted by KDE, and the name wouldn't reflect the
> generality of its intended sphere of application.

I am 100% in agreement with the need to rename "gnome"-braille, if our
community agrees that it is useful.  I don't see a need for any
gnome-specific modules in it.

I would be happy to facilitate the restructuring of this library into
something that the community could use, but we would need to make it a
group effort to ensure that the library had an active developer
community going forward.  That's one reason why I would prefer to see it
hosted and enhanced as a client library in the "brltty" space.

Bill