[BRLTTY] Re: gnome-braille

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Dec 11 19:19:37 EST 2006

http://www.jjb-software.com/ would be good to integrate.

> > If you folks are interested in looking at pulling part or all of
> > gnome-braille into BrlTTY I'd be happy to continue the discussion (note
> > however that I will be on holiday from later this week until January)
>
> I'm not sure whether this should be integrated into BRLTTY: this is
> something that other applications may need (like cups for embossing
> text, for instance).

In that case I would suggest not calling it gnome-braille, among other reasons
because it might then be resisted by KDE, and the name wouldn't reflect the
generality of its intended sphere of application.

If necessary there could also be a Gnome-specific module (gnome-braille) to
provide any Gnome-specific functionality.