[BRLTTY] Xbrlapi

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Thu Dec 14 12:30:03 EST 2006

> BTW, you have brlapi.expandKeyCode() that returns you (type, command,
> argument, flags)

I'm still trying to understand how these all fit together.  My best
guess so far is this:

type: corresponds to the KEY_TYPE_* constants.  There are currently
      only two types: KEY_TYPE_SYM (used for text entry) and
      KEY_TYPE_CMD (used for everything else).

cmd:  The actual command.  The 'type' above is encoded in the command.
      For the most part, the possible cmd values correspond to the
      KEY_TYPE_CMD_* constants. [What does this hold when the type
      is KEY_TYPE_SYM?]

arg:  Holds optional command arguments.  For most commands, this is 0.
      For other commands, such as KEY_TYPE_CMD_ROUTE which is issued
      when a cursor routing key is pressed, the value of arg will
      hold additional information about the command.  In the case of
      KEY_TYPE_CMD_ROUTE, the argument is a 0-based index of which
      cursor routing key was pressed. [What does this hold when the
      type is KEY_TYPE_SYM?]

flgs: I've yet to see this hold a non-zero value, so I don't have a
      clue.  :-(

Thanks!

Will