[BRLTTY] Xbrlapi

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Dec 14 13:08:35 EST 2006

Hi,

Willie Walker, le Thu 14 Dec 2006 12:30:03 -0500, a écrit :
> > BTW, you have brlapi.expandKeyCode() that returns you (type, command,
> > argument, flags)
>
> I'm still trying to understand how these all fit together.

Hum, there is probably a lack of documentation in man brlapi_readKey,
thanks for raising such issues.

> type: corresponds to the KEY_TYPE_* constants.  There are currently
>       only two types: KEY_TYPE_SYM (used for text entry) and
>       KEY_TYPE_CMD (used for everything else).

Yes.

> cmd:  The actual command.

> The 'type' above is encoded in the command.

What do you mean by that?

>       For the most part, the possible cmd values correspond to the
>       KEY_TYPE_CMD_* constants.

Yes.

> [What does this hold when the type is KEY_TYPE_SYM?]

Standard X keysyms

> arg:  Holds optional command arguments.

Yes.

>       [What does this hold when the type is KEY_TYPE_SYM?]

It never not hold anything.

> flgs: I've yet to see this hold a non-zero value, so I don't have a
>       clue.  :-(

These are brlapi.KEY_FLG*, like SHIFT, CONTROL, META. Some commands have
specific flags too.

See man brlapi_commands for more details.  Dave, here is a documentation
patch for pointing users to brlapi_commands(3).

Samuel